Thursday, November 20, 2008

In the Beginning...

Bookoo: dictionary.com allows for it as an alternate spelling for beaucoup, which means "an abundance; a lot."

I chose this spelling because it's just a little goofy, and probably easier to remember than beaucoup... or is it boucoup? or buecue? Barbequeue? Thus it should be easier to remember than the proper spelling. Besides, bookoo has the word "book" right in it!

I was just about sick of trying to find a good domain name for this blog... there are literally hundreds of book-related blogs on blogger that have usurped all the good domains. Most of these so-called blogs have fewer than 5 posts, many have no posts at all, and only a handful have posts more recent than 2003. Tremendously frustrating, really.

Because I have other blogs where I keep my thoughts and where I update about my family, this blog is going to be primarily for keeping an account of the books I've read and my thoughts about those books.

If you disagree with any of my thoughts about the books, please feel free to respond with venom, and tell me exactly why my opinion is wrong. If your posts could be considered offensive, I may have to delete them, but that is merely out of respect for others who may read the comments. I will personally accept your criticism and take sincere vulgarity to heart. Maybe I was in the wrong to think that Ayn Rand was unfamiliar with the human race, as a whole, and maybe it's wrong of me to think people have more to offer each other than a business arrangement.

Whatever your thoughts, I would love to hear (read: read) them. If you have books you'd like to suggest I read (and thereafter review), please feel free to add them to the comments. I can't promise I'll be able to read them right away, or (possibly) ever, depending on my backlog, my desire, the book's availability, etc. but I promise to give any and all recommendations a fair consideration.

I love books. I love to read. I love to write. Therefore, I must love to read books and then to write about them. Hence this new and overwhelmingly awesome blog!

-EDIT
Please note: the list of books at the bottom of this page is just a collection of what I have read so far. I will be posting actual reviews of books as I read them in a standard journal-review format. I will also try to catch up on reviewing the books already on the list, though that may take a while.

No comments: